WIHS Chicago Cohort Characteristics
As of October 2015, there are currently 322 women in the Chicago WIHS cohort. A total of 582 women (452 HIV-infected, 130 HIV-uninfected at-risk) were enrolled in the Chicago consortium. The following basic demographics and health characteristics of the Chicago WIHS cohort are:
- 36.9% are employed.
- 84.6% have insurance.
- 46.4% are current smokers.
- 27.7% are overweight and 41.2% are obese.
- 19.1% are diabetic.
- 44.1% have hypertension.
- 70.9% are HIV positive.
Of those with HIV (as of Spetember 2012):
- 86.8% are currently on HAART
- Mean CD4 T-cell count is 575
- 63.6% have undetectable viral load
- 34.7% have AIDS